The latest from Charlie at Grape Expectations:
BEHOLD: The Power of the Grape
CELEBRATION: St. Paddy’s Day - Grape Expectations Style
WHEN: Saturday, March 19, 2011
WHERE: Henderson, NV (Water Street)
- Our legendary participation in the 2011 “Sons Of Erin Parade” will include the Grape Expectations float comprised of the O’Bacchus throne, an “I love Lucy” tub (complete with fair maidens), a podium that will house the musical director, KJ Howe, as he conducts YOU AND FELLOW WINEMAKERS in the “TRAIN WRECK MARCHING BAND” and new this year, our float will include a red 1942 Fire Engine.
· As a winemaking member of the “TRAIN WRECK MARCHING BAND”, you are required to bring with you a musical instrument that you DON’T KNOW HOW TO PLAY. If you don’t own one, we found a place that will let you rent them at a very reasonable rate: Kessler & Sons, 3047 East Charleston, and 702.385.2263.
· Parade uniforms are the same as last years’…an Irish green CORK SQUAD T-SHIRT. If you would like to purchase a new shirt, they are available for $10.00 (men sizes – small, medium, large, XL, XXL and XXXL). In case it’s chilly you may want to order one shirt size bigger so you can “layer up”. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the number and sizes.
· The parade route is the length of WATER ST. in Henderson (Approx. ¾ of a mile, South to North). Unfortunately, we are unable to give anyone a ride back to his or her initial parking spot, so parking somewhere near the middle of the parade route is suggested.
· Drinking on the parade route is prohibited so please be a good Grape Expectations ambassador and comply. We will have a BLOODY MARY buffet in our own private staging area very near the parade starting point. The Bloody Mary buffet is a large cup of our homemade mix with or without alcohol accompanied by a variety of accouterments. Keep in mind it is not breakfast!
· The Grape Expectations meeting place is in the parking lot of EMERY’S RESTAURANT, 306 Water St., Henderson, NV 89015 located at the south end of Water St. (South West corner of Water & E. Basic). Look for the official Grape Expectations party bus (with Grape X banner) and the 1-800 GOT JUNK truck that will be parked in Emery’s parking lot parallel to Water St. We will be assembling for Bloody Marys between 8:30am and 10:00am. The parade starts at 10:00am - SHARP. If you miss the start, please feel free to catch up and join in.
· A post parade party is schedule for one hour after our participation in the parade has ended. It will be held at Grape Expectations and will include draft beer, wine, Larry’s homemade clam chowder, pork roll sliders and much more. Please let me know via email how many people you expect to attend so I can ensure we have enough food and drinks.
· Not everyone will be receiving this notice, so please share this info with ALL OF YOUR BARREL MATES. Let’s make sure no one is left out. Any ideas or questions Please call 806-3383.