+ Add a Comment

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

There are 4 posts left in the last thread before it rolls over to 100 pages which is reportedly a bad thing so here is a new thread for everyone. 

For reference, the old thread is HERE

Quality Posts

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

joshsting

quality posts: 11 Private Messages joshsting

Any more Lot18 voucher deals? I spent a few minutes searching the net, but couldn't find any...

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

Lot 18 has a 2007 Epiphany PS up today. Any thoughts from any PS drinkers, especially now that the KR is SOLD OUT?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Dead center of the InVino Dessert Pack.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

By the way everyone, I had a mysterious charge on my AmEx card that was not from me. It was an online retailer that charged my card ($20), but it isn't a completely set up site yet. I can't remember what it's called as it has been removed from my statement. I do not know, but I believe that it either came from one of the Lot18 credit deals or the Amazon deal that was on LivingSocial (others posted in the SD thread that they had fraudulent charges after purchasing that deal, as well).

Just an FYI.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
kylemittskus wrote:By the way everyone, I had a mysterious charge on my AmEx card that was not from me. It was an online retailer that charged my card ($20), but it isn't a completely set up site yet. I can't remember what it's called as it has been removed from my statement. I do not know, but I believe that it either came from one of the Lot18 credit deals or the Amazon deal that was on LivingSocial (others posted in the SD thread that they had fraudulent charges after purchasing that deal, as well).

Just an FYI.

Thanks for the warning. I'm scanning my card statement, but don't see anything weird yet besides my normal over-spending on wine deals.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

redwinefan

Was anyone lucky enough to grab some Palmeri Van Ness 2005 Syrah off Lot 18 a month or so ago? Unbeknownst to me, my girlfriend opened my only bottle of this, and I was left with trying it a few days later (at least stored properly), but it was fantastic so I'm digging around for some more.

I'm hoping they bring it back, and I'm also interested in trying other wines from Palmeri. I'd never heard of them before seeing them on Lot 18. Wine Enthusiast apparently gave the Van Ness 2005 Syrah a 94 as well.

redwinefan

Also, wanted to note for those of you who purchased the L'Ecole Cab: this wine needs a serious decant before drinking. I let mine go for over five hours and that seemed to do the job, or you could just store it away for several years.

jmdavidson

redwinefan wrote:Was anyone lucky enough to grab some Palmeri Van Ness 2005 Syrah off Lot 18 a month or so ago? Unbeknownst to me, my girlfriend opened my only bottle of this, and I was left with trying it a few days later (at least stored properly), but it was fantastic so I'm digging around for some more.

I'm hoping they bring it back, and I'm also interested in trying other wines from Palmeri. I'd never heard of them before seeing them on Lot 18. Wine Enthusiast apparently gave the Van Ness 2005 Syrah a 94 as well.

I've only opened the 2004 Cab/Syrah and was very impressed by the flavor, smoothness, etc. I will definetely watch for and hope they offer this winery again.

jmdavidson

jmdavidson wrote:I ordered the three pack of different wines, have only opened the 2004 Cab/Syrah and was very impressed by the flavor, smoothness, etc. I will definetely watch for and hope they offer this winery again.

kylemittskus

redwinefan wrote:Also, wanted to note for those of you who purchased the L'Ecole Cab: this wine needs a serious decant before drinking. I let mine go for over five hours and that seemed to do the job, or you could just store it away for several years.

Did you take formal notes?

redwinefan

kylemittskus wrote:Did you take formal notes?

I wish I had, but instead I passed out on the couch shortly after drinking one glass since we didn't get to it until late at night after returning from a concert. From what I remember it seemed like a brooding and moody sort of dark fruits kind of wine with a hint of mint post-decant.

I think my girlfriend had the wherewithal to properly store the rest, so I hope to have another go at it tonight.

I had a sip pre-decanted, and it was definitely extra-tight.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
redwinefan wrote:Also, wanted to note for those of you who purchased the L'Ecole Cab: this wine needs a serious decant before drinking. I let mine go for over five hours and that seemed to do the job, or you could just store it away for several years.

Critic Reviews
Wine Enthusiast 93
Wine Spectator 92
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate 91

But seriously, do they have 5 hours of decant to come up with these scores?

redwinefan

bud8jr wrote:
Critic Reviews
Wine Enthusiast 93
Wine Spectator 92
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate 91

But seriously, do they have 5 hours of decant to come up with these scores?

Good question, but I doubt it. Plus, you can probably get away with just a few hours of decanting, but I was out of the house for 5 so that's what I did this time.

martinkey4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages martinkey4

Lot18 - keeps the party rolling!!!

http://www.buywithme.com/nyc/deals/3806-lot18

Wine and wenches empty men's purses
English Proverb
CT

unwoofer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages unwoofer
martinkey4 wrote:Lot18 - keeps the party rolling!!!

I am unsure whether to thank you or curse you!

Edit: Promotional value expires 05/21/2011. I am sure I can manage that, just ask FedEx and UPS.

martinkey4

unwoofer wrote:I am unsure whether to thank you or curse you!

Now things get really scary - The site says there is a 1 voucher limit. Instead of creating new email addresses to try and buy more - I just kept buying 1 at a time over and over (redeeming each along the way at lot18). They all worked!

I sincerely apologize, but it looks like the deal isn't limited at all (I haven't found the upper end yet and I'm scared).

If needed, I will setup some time on skype for all SWMBOs to yell at me.

English Proverb
CT

martinkey4

Or you can do it the easy way and buy 4 at once - I didn't even try that the first time because I didn't believe that they would make it that easy.

English Proverb
CT

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
martinkey4 wrote:Lot18 - keeps the party rolling!!!

i encourage you to post your referral link. site says you get $10. since you found the deal, only fair you get the credits.

and use the url and /url tags. see the formatting guide for details.

hunterjaydog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hunterjaydog

I need a lot18 voucher intervention. I think I'll be all set on wine for the rest of the year (after I use these vouchers).

jmdavidson

hunterjaydog wrote:I need a lot18 voucher intervention. I think I'll be all set on wine for the rest of the year (after I use these vouchers).

Lot 18 has this up now:
Schott Zwiesel Classico Crystal Wine Glasses (12 pieces) at $99.99. So, instead of feeling compelled to keep buying wine, which at this point I don't really need more of, this is a good option. And...with the couponing, would be about half this price.

redwinefan

jmdavidson wrote:Lot 18 has this up now:
Schott Zwiesel Classico Crystal Wine Glasses (12 pieces) at $99.99. So, instead of feeling compelled to keep buying wine, which at this point I don't really need more of, this is a good option. And...with the couponing, would be about half this price.

Just noticed shipping is included on this deal which has me really tempted to replace my mix and match Target purchased stemware.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
redwinefan wrote:Just noticed shipping is included on this deal which has me really tempted to replace my mix and match Target purchased stemware.

YES, this is genius! Looks like a wonderful gift for SWMBO. Hopefully it will keep her attention away from the cases of wine that are/will be arriving (Thanks to Peter, WD and these damn vouchers!)

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

cmaldoon

hunterjaydog wrote:I need a lot18 voucher intervention. I think I'll be all set on wine for the rest of the year (after I use these vouchers).

I know what you mean. But really, with 2 vouchers for $40 ($25x2 -$10) totaling $120 of value on wine that is already usually 33% off. How can I pass. Even Velben Priced wines are reasonable when you are paying only 25-40% of retail

Alternately since they have wine glasses today get this: Pay $40 to get 12 glasses of reasonable quality, taxes and shipping included and have $10 left to buy something else!

My Cellar

martinkey4

Yep - buying some glasses as well. Thanks for using my link by the way - with my two referrals and the cost of the voucher I just bought, I'm getting those for a steal!

BuyWithMe

English Proverb
CT

voidxyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages voidxyz
cmaldoon wrote:I know what you mean. But really, with 2 vouchers for $40 ($25x2 -$10) totaling $120 of value on wine that is already usually 33% off. How can I pass. Even Velben Priced wines are reasonable when you are paying only 25-40% of retail

Alternately since they have wine glasses today get this: Pay $40 to get 12 glasses of reasonable quality, taxes and shipping included and have $10 left to buy something else!

ive never used lot 18. is it worth buying some of these vouchers?

redwinefan

voidxyz wrote:ive never used lot 18. is it worth buying some of these vouchers?

Definitely yes!

martinkey4

Just ask yourself if you would like to have cases of daily drinking wine that retail for $40 each and you only paid $10 each for them.

The day that these cheap vouchers go away - we'll all be kicking ourselves for not buying more.

Unless, of course, lot18 goes under . . .

English Proverb
CT

cmaldoon

If you have the cash to spare! Certainly!

My Cellar

cmaldoon

martinkey4 wrote:
Unless, of course, that lot18 goes under . . .

That is why I am keeping my voucher dollars between $200 and $300. Enough to pounce on any good deals but not too much. Also then I am not purchasing more than 2 vouchers per site which keeps me under the radar in case someone at lot 18 has an issue with people picking up 6 or 8 at a time

My Cellar

martinkey4

cmaldoon wrote:That is why I am keeping my voucher dollars between $200 and $300. Enough to pounce on any good deals but not too much. Also then I am not purchasing more than 2 vouchers per site which keeps me under the radar in case someone at lot 18 has an issue with people picking up 6 or 8 at a time

Yeah, I'm going with the opposite philosophy - these deals are going down at some point, I'm all in buying like crazy and just hoping it all ships!

English Proverb
CT

jmdavidson

redwinefan wrote:Was anyone lucky enough to grab some Palmeri Van Ness 2005 Syrah off Lot 18 a month or so ago? Unbeknownst to me, my girlfriend opened my only bottle of this, and I was left with trying it a few days later (at least stored properly), but it was fantastic so I'm digging around for some more.

I had written to LOT18 about this wine and asked if they might have it again. They responded, "We were really thrilled with the response to the Palmeri, and are indeed hoping to bring it back sometime soon. Do stay tuned!"

redwinefan

jmdavidson wrote:I had written to LOT18 about this wine and asked if they might have it again. They responded, "We were really thrilled with the response to the Palmeri, and are indeed hoping to bring it back sometime soon. Do stay tuned!"

I did the same yesterday, and I got almost the same response today. Let's hope they make it happen.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:Dead center of the InVino Dessert Pack.

Thanks. I might have missed it. On the same site right now is some Domaine Michel '88 and '89 Dry Creek Valley Cab. Almost certainly past its prime, but we had a mag of the '88 on New Year's day, and it was really great with a mushroom and herb stuffed beef tenderloin.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

joshsting

quality posts: 11 Private Messages joshsting
twowootthree wrote:thanks for the tip. you just got another $10. also, i looked up retailmenot.com. there is a code to save another 20% for new customers. worked for me and my wife. another $5 savings. this is crazy. code = 47X23B

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/buywithme.com

This is crazy! Just got $240 credit for $80!!

hogfatt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt
joshsting wrote:This is crazy! Just got $240 credit for $80!!

Yeah, I did $160 for $480. Going to have some 'splainin' to do with SWMBO.

CT Updating, please wait....

keni805

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keni805
hogfatt wrote:Yeah, I did $160 for $480. Going to have some 'splainin' to do with SWMBO.

Did you get your voucher right away?

It took around 15 minutes to get a confirmation email and for the vouchers to appear on my account. Then just get the codes and load up your account.

hogfatt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt

Yeah, I got them pretty much right after I clicked "post".

Got the stemware set, going to wait on the rest of my vouchers for some other wines though.

CT Updating, please wait....

tate491

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tate491
hogfatt wrote:Yeah, I got them pretty much right after I clicked "post".

Got the stemware set, going to wait on the rest of my vouchers for some other wines though.

I picked up $180 for $60. This Lot18 stuff is getting a little ridiculous. I hope the consumer is not left holding the bag on these vouchers.

On another note, has anyone received any of the Old World Winery stuff from Lot18 yet? If so, have you tried it?

CT

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice

Scott Harvey is listed as one of the upcoming wines on Invino.

Z