Ah, 2012. Different times.
2012 was one of the most recent years in the history of mankind. You may not remember what happened because it was a while ago, and you were probably busy. Here's a recap:
- Queen Elizabeth celebrated her Diamond Jubilee, marking 60 years of her serving as the British equivalent of the Philly Phanatic.
- Lonesome George, a Pinta Island Tortoise, died. He was the last of his species. Happy Friday!
- Felix Baumgartner fell out of a spacecraft to prove that he really likes Red Bull.
- Scientists created the first bionic melon.
- The world ended, just like those people who misunderstood the Mayan calendar said it would!
- Encyclopaedia Britannica finally discontinued printing, leaving millions of people wondering what they’ll reach for now when they want to squash a bug.
- CERN discovered a new particle that may confirm the existence of Higgs boson, but it didn’t host the Golden Globes so nobody cared.
- Usain Bolt ran so fast he reversed time. CERN is now using him in the Large Hadron Collider.
- The Giants beat the Patriots at Super Bowl XLVI, and everybody was very, very happy about that.
- There was a viral campaign that went Google on YouTube.